Chief Engineer, Ministry of Electricity (MoE) / Iraq
Mohammed Shawkat Jasim gained a B.Sc of Electrical Engineering in 1999 and has 15 Years Electricity Industry Experience. In 2002 he became an Assistant Engineer at Baghdad State Company for Electricity Distribution. Between 2003 and 2006, he worked at the National Dispatch Control Center (NDCC) in the department of operation. From 2006 until now, he joined the Energy Distribution Office at MoE headquarters. During this period, he involve in several duties such as:
- Joining all the operational activities that related to the distribution sector in Iraq (2006 – 2015).
- A member and coordinator of the PMT for the distribution projects, which financed from JICA ODA loans (2009 – now).
- A member of the committee that accomplished the updated technical specifications of the Distribution substations, which work together with TEPSCO (Tokyo Electric Power Services Company).
- A team member, which work together with PB (Parsons &Brinkerhoff) at 2009 to accomplish the Central plan for MoE for the years (2010 – 2030).
- A member of the ongoing committee, which is responsible of the studying and updating the technical specification of the distribution sector network equipment (2009 – now).
- Preparation and introducing the current tariff structure which adopted from January 2016.
- A member of the PMT for the new ODA loan which financed from JICA (IQ-P24), the scope is building 6×132 kV SS + supply of 46 mobile SS.
- Awarded the High Diploma Degree from the University of Technology (UoT) in Baghdad in the power systems protection in December 2016.